Romans 8:28

Ask a question or start a study group.
joshua

Re: Romans 8:28

Post by joshua »

Amadeus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 pm Can a person fall out of love with Jesus? What happens to a person who become weary in well doing? What happens when a person lets up on his daily talks with his natural spouse, his daily connection? Would we expect something different with Jesus? He loves us, but if we really love him and continue to love how could we or would stop talking with him and connecting with him?
Absolutely, just as it takes work to keep your marriage in good shape you need to work at regularly communicating with God - reading Bible and of course praying. No matter how busy your life is you must get into the routine of doing so. Prayers in the morning (I have to admit sometimes i find that difficult), prayers in the evening (easier for me) and reading the bible in evening (even if just on my little phone). I often pray as i'm going to sleep - it must help to set you up for a good rest! Thanks also for the Thess reference.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

Amadeus, congratulations on your upcoming 49th! I am only at 34 and change myself.
Thanks for the congratulations. We all move forward on step at a time... or not
TheWordIsOne

Post by TheWordIsOne »

joshua wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:49 pm "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"

What does this verse mean to you? What are 'all things' and what is his purpose?
Hebrews 12:5-8 (KJV) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Hebrews 12: 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good
The works that are mentioned, meaning endure chastening
OneIsTheWord